Sunday, October 30, 2011

Massa: Hamilton needs tougher penalty


Felipe Massa's race ended in the tunnel after contact with Lewis Hamilton at Loews
Felipe Massa thinks the FIA should take further action to penalise Lewis Hamilton's aggressive driving, after the pair came together at the Monaco Grand Prix.Hamilton made contact with Massa as he tried to pass on the inside of the Loews Hairpin, causing the Ferrari to damage its front wing against the rear of Mark Webber's Red Bull. Massa then found himself on the outside of Hamilton through the tunnel and, struggling for grip, finished his race against the barriers."He tried to pass me on the kerbs [where] I didn't think it was possible to overtake," Massa was quoted by Autosport . "He was too aggressive, I think. Then when I got to the tunnel my car was damaged and I went on the dirty part of the track and hit the wall. What he did today was unbelievable. Not just with me, but with other drivers as well."

Hamilton was given a drive-through penalty for the Massa incident and later a post-race drive-through penalty for his move on Pastor Maldonado into turn one. But Massa thinks further sanctions are needed to make him change his ways."I think he needs to be penalised again, and in a good way - otherwise he doesn't learn," he said. "They [the FIA] need to think about something for him, or he will not learn."

No comments:

Post a Comment

video games games game download video game pc games pc games download